Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 6, 2011

In the begining

In the begining it was just something I had trouble grasping. My mother couldn't teach me, none of my friends knew how and the Grandmothers that could were gone.

Then it became a challenge-well, I hardly turn down a challenge. I had to learn-the clock was ticking-I was done having babies, and I still couldn't sew for the life of me!
I needed the outlet-and I needed a skill. Not a skill that would put me into the coorporate world and fill my bank account..  A skill that would fill my heart and make my soul rich.
That was only a few years ago, and here I am today making others happy with my craft, just as it once was hundreds of years ago. Yeah, I know that royalty isn't knocking at my door asking me for lace, but I sure feel special  whenever someone wants a hat that I created with my own hands!

  This is my first post of my first blog. Please write in and tell us how you began & why you continue to crochet. What does the craft offer you?
 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to "blogging", lol! I've always been into crafts thanks to my Grandma She taught me plastic canvas. She was always very special to me and our time spent together making things meant the world to me. She passed away in 93'. I started cross stitch later on. As for crochet, well I began crocheting about 6 or 7 yrs ago. My hubby's aunt taught my Mother-n-law and my self. I started with a blanket big enough for a queen size bed, took me three months!!! NEVER again! lol I then started making the air freshner dolls and moved on to dolls. My Aunt-n-law passed away a few years ago. But I'll never forget who taught me what I know today!

    Thank you CoolCrochet for letting me share my story!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete